It’s done! I finished the vest requested by DH, and he’s very pleased. This was the first time he’d ever asked me to knit anything for him. He even helped design it – he was very specific about wanting a very heavy wool vest, and choose garter stitch as the pattern (so it would be very thick and dense). He also helped pick out the yarn. For the most part, it was a quick knit, but picking up all of the stitches for the ribbing along the front and collar nearly did me in. I had to re-do it several times before I got the right count. He wanted to wear it to work yesterday because he has lunch on Thursdays with friends and wanted to show it to them (one of them has a wife who knits), but I just couldn’t quite get it finished in time, so he’ll have to wait until next week to show it to them. But he wore it all last night and wore it to work today. He emailed me to tell me he’d gotten several compliments on it. Now let’s hope the knitting curse doesn’t catch up with me.
Yarn: 2 skeins Wool Pak Yarns in “Goldstone” (used about 1-3/4 skeins), plus Patons Classic Wool in “Deep Olive” (I used about 3 1/2 skeins). The body was done with one strand of each yarn, and the ribbing was done with 2 strands of the Patons, both on US10 needles. Design was my own.