My first sock from Susan’s “Create Your Own Sock” class is finished, and I’m very happy with it. I got done with it right at the end of tonight’s SnB session. Perfect timing! I like how the lace pattern I chose broke up the stripes in the yarn, and the yarn I used was great to work with. Hopefully I took good enough notes that I won’t have any problems making the second sock to match! Unfortunately, the second sock is going to have to wait a bit. I’m going on vacation tomorrow, and I’m not planning to take this project with me.
In other knitting news, I finished the front and back of Valpuri, but haven’t yet started the sleeves. I had a terrible time figuring out what to do with the cable pattern when decreasing for the front. Now that I have the front done, I can think of a few ways it could have been better, but I’m not excited about the idea of frogging it and reknitting. So instead of worring about it now, I’m going to do the sleeves and see how it looks, then decide whether I want to redo the front pieces.