EPS Yoke

ETA: Deleted and reposted, fixing some HTML code that might have been causing Ravelry’s feed to barf.

eps-yoke

I’m almost finished with the yoke on the EPS cardigan – just a few more rows to go. I’m very happy with the newer version. I was going to start the yoke patterning 1″ above the sleeve join, but then I decided to add two sets of short rows before starting the colorwork. Since I started and ended the short rows partway into the front yoke, it really made the colorwork start about 1 1/2″ above the join instead. I did chart A, and then the first decrease. Taking a look at where I’d need to do the second decrease, I decided to enlarge chart B by adding a couple of extra rows, so I could do the second decrease right after it. So far it seems to be going well, though I won’t know for sure until I get the entire yoke finished.

It fits well, and I like how it looks so far. I’m really glad I decided to do a cardigan – I think it would be much too hot for me to wear as a pullover.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to EPS Yoke

  1. Laura says:

    How is it that you have no comments so far on this post? Lost in cyberland? ha

    Okay – so WHERE did you do your decreases? I’ve been reading along trying to figure this out! Did you use some kind of updated percentages and spacing of decreases or just figure out what worked best for you? Or maybe I need to read through the details of your final post again before you answer me, huh? 🙂

  2. cheryl says:

    On the decreases, I did the first set right after doing the Chart A colorwork pattern, which was pretty much right at the 4.5″ mark that the percentage system told me to, based on a 36″ sweater (9″ yoke).

    I put the second set of decreases right after Chart B – between the top red stripe and the light gray zig-zag. That was about 2″ (or perhaps a row short of that) after the first decrease. The percentage system calculation would have put it at 2.25″, but that would have been in the middle of a pattern. Mostly I just put the second decrease where I had a plain row, so it wouldn’t disrupt the pattern, but I actually modified chart B to add two rows to it – otherwise I would only have been doing it at about 1.5″ after the first decrease.

    The last increase was done on the very last row of colorwork at the end of the yoke. My total yoke depth (not including the short rows I did at the end before adding the neck band) was only about 8.25″, so I wasn’t able to work all of the rows of Chart C. So the third decrease was also done a little before when it “should” have been done according to the EPS system – it was about 1.75″ after the second decrease.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s