It’s done! No time for an outdoor photo shoot, so this will have to do. On my monitor, the color looks very close to the real deal. Perfect for Project Spectrum‘s fire entry.
I can already tell that I’ll be getting a lot of wear out of this one.
Yarn: Classic Elite Skye Tweed (discontinued), in “Marmalade”, 9 skeins (just had a small amount of the last skein left over)
Needles: US 6 used for the main body
Size: 36″ (About 1/2 to 1” positive ease)
I changed the number of stitches cast-on for the body so that the 2×2 ribbing would match at the seams. That reduced the stitches in the body by 4, which is nearly an inch of width. I was going to increase back to the “correct” number of stitches right after the ribbing, but since there isn’t any waist shaping, I waited until I was 3” from the armhole, so that I’d be increasing in the same place I would if I had done waist shaping. I increased one stitch at each side seam edge (each edge of back, and at the side seam of each front piece).
For the sleeves, I also cast on 4 stitches less to make the ribbing match at the seam, and just did an additional two sets of increases (spacing out all of the increases equally).
Only worked 4” of ribbing instead of 6”, on both the body and the sleeves.
Increased the length by 1/2″.
Worked an extra two rows on the button bands, only because I was worried that it might be too snug. I think it would have fit fine without the modification, and I think the bands look better narrower, so I wouldn’t make that change again.
If I make another one (and I might!), I’ll probably make it another inch or so longer than this one, and do the 6” ribbing according to the pattern.
It was hard to pick up so few stitches around the neck without it looking like it would leave noticeable gaps, so in a few places I ended up picking up more stitches than I needed, and then I just knit 2 stitches together on the next row when starting the ribbing.