I enjoyed the movie quote meme on Knitting the Blues, even though I didn’t recognize many quotes. But I thought it would be fun to do, so here goes.
- Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
- Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
- Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
- Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
- Looking them up is cheating, please don’t.
Got that? So here goes. Most of my favorite movies are well-known and enormously quotable, so a lot of these are probably pretty easy, even though I’ve tried to pick lesser-known quotes. But I’ve tried to throw in a couple of harder ones, too.
1. This is a rat burger?
2. I’ve never seen a man get through a day so fast.
3. You can’t hunt, you can’t ride, you can’t shoot, you can’t fence! What kind of a marriage is this?
4. If you shoot him, you’ll just make him mad.
5. How am I supposed to write for a guy who doesn’t have a head?
6. Chefs do that.
Taffeta, darling! “Young Frankenstein”, guessed by Margene.
When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water. Debbie got this quote from “The Quiet Man”.
Do you think he’s maybe compensating for something? Miriam got this one. From “Shrek”.
10. When you stop to smell the flowers, are they afraid?