Gee, it looks like I did really well at stumping people. I’ll give y’all one more chance to solve these. Final results will be posted tomorrow for any that aren’t guessed today. (I’m sure some of you are going to smack your heads over #4 today.) Oh, and by the way, three of these movies have a lead actor in common.
As with yesterday, the newest clue is in red.
1. A) This is a rat burger? B) He doesn’t know how to use the three seashells!
“Demolition Man”, guessed by Miriam
2. A) I’ve never seen a man get through a day so fast. B) Hallelujah, brother! I am here to comfort the sinner and return the stray lamb to the fold. C) Some gang! An Indian ranch hand, a drunken gunfighter, a sex maniac, and an uncle!
It took three clues, but Margene finally got this one – “Cat Ballou”
3. A) You can’t hunt, you can’t ride, you can’t shoot, you can’t fence! What kind of a marriage is this?
B) What are you doing in a monk’s habit? I didn’t know about “the monk and the choirboy!” I thought you wanted to do “the woodchopper and the shepherd!” How many costumes do you think I can pack!?
C) I warn you gentlemen, I am not to be trifled with. To pull the tail of a lion is to open the mouth of trouble and reveal the teeth of revenge biting the tongue of deceit.
4. A) If you shoot him, you’ll just make him mad. B) There might be legal precedent! Of course, Landsnatching… land, land, Land, see Snatch. C) [singing] I’m tired of men always coming and going, going and coming and always too soon.
From “Blazing Saddles”. Congrats to Miriam. If I’d have had to go to “Candgram for Mongo”, I’d have been deeply disappointed in everyone.
5. A) How am I suppose to write for a guy who doesn’t have a head? B) … I don’t feel quite right in a turban. What I feel like is GLORIA FUCKING SWANSON! C) Get rid of Celeste and Mr Fuzzy is yours.
Stacey saved her dentist’s fingers by remembering this one (“Soapdish”) now, instead of during her dental exam.
6. A) Chefs do that. B) Yes, I’m a Mormon. That’s why I just smoked a pack of Newport and drank three vodka tonics.
From “The Long Kiss Goodnight”. Stacey got this one (but she probably cheated – c’mon, fess up!)
“Young Frankenstein”, guessed by Margene.
When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water. Debbie got this quote from “The Quiet Man”.
Do you think he’s maybe compensating for something?
Miriam got this one. From “Shrek”.
10. A) When you stop to smell the flowers, are they afraid? B) I thought you said, “Earn more sessions by sleeving.” C) Maybe you’d like some wine with your nose…
stephieknits got these quotes from “Roxanne”
Oh let’s see, I haven’t been able to guess any really. 2) There Will be Blood. 3) Wild Wild West 4) Oh Brother Where Art Thou? 10) Cyrano de Bergerac. And that’s my final answer
Anne in Calgary
I even like Demolition Man…but still didn’t get it.
With your third clue I now KNOW number 2 is Cat Ballou! I should have recognized it right away after just seeing it;-)
Soap Dish? Is it soap dish? Did I finally get it? I’m not at the dentist yet… so please, save his fingers.
#10 Roxanne with Steve Martin
4 is blazing saddles?
I’m so bad at these! I love putting it up there for people to guess at, but I’m not good at coming up with answers myself. The most fun is going around and adding movies to my blockbuster queue.