You did pretty well – only one movie wasn’t guessed! Fans of “Young Frankenstein” and “Blazing Saddles” should hang their heads in shame for not knowing this one.
1. A) This is a rat burger? B) He doesn’t know how to use the three seashells!
“Demolition Man”, guessed by Miriam
2. A) I’ve never seen a man get through a day so fast. B) Hallelujah, brother! I am here to comfort the sinner and return the stray lamb to the fold. C) Some gang! An Indian ranch hand, a drunken gunfighter, a sex maniac, and an uncle!
It took three clues, but Margene finally got this one – “Cat Ballou”
3. A) You can’t hunt, you can’t ride, you can’t shoot, you can’t fence! What kind of a marriage is this? B) What are you doing in a monk’s habit? I didn’t know about “the monk and the choirboy!” I thought you wanted to do “the woodchopper and the shepherd!” How many costumes do you think I can pack!? C) I warn you gentlemen, I am not to be trifled with. To pull the tail of a lion is to open the mouth of trouble and reveal the teeth of revenge biting the tongue of deceit.
“Start the Revolution Without Me” – Gene Wilder always cracks me up! I’m not really surprised that nobody guessed this one, but if you’re a Gene Wilder fan and haven’t seen this one, do it. My favorite part is the “Pleasure or Business” dialog.
4. A) If you shoot him, you’ll just make him mad. B) There might be legal precedent! Of course, Landsnatching… land, land, Land, see Snatch. C) [singing] I’m tired of men always coming and going, going and coming and always too soon.
From “Blazing Saddles”. Congrats to Miriam, who hasn’t even seen it. Yet.
5. A) How am I suppose to write for a guy who doesn’t have a head? B) … I don’t feel quite right in a turban. What I feel like is GLORIA FUCKING SWANSON! C) Get rid of Celeste and Mr Fuzzy is yours.
Stacey got this one: “Soapdish”
6. A) Chefs do that. B) Yes, I’m a Mormon. That’s why I just smoked a pack of Newport and drank three vodka tonics.
From “The Long Kiss Goodnight”. Stacey got this one (but she probably cheated – c’mon, fess up!)
7. Taffeta, darling!
“Young Frankenstein”, guessed by Margene.
8. When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water.
Debbie got this quote from “The Quiet Man”.
9. Do you think he’s maybe compensating for something?
Miriam got this one. From “Shrek”.
10. A) When you stop to smell the flowers, are they afraid? B) I thought you said, “Earn more sessions by sleeving.” C) Maybe you’d like some wine with your nose…
stephieknits got these – from “Roxanne”