I decided to go ahead and embroider a vine to connect the leaves, after Margene refreshed my memory on how to embroider a stem-stitch. I like it much better this way. She also agreed to take photos of my butt… uh, I mean the finished top. Geez, and look at those arms. I really need to get going on those push ups. And work on those triceps, too. Blech.
Oh yeah, and here’s the front:
Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton-Ease, in Maize and Almond, plus Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Olive for the leaves and vine.
Needles: US 7 / 4.5 mm
Size: The back is size S, and the front is size XS, since it was a little too big and it was easier to just reknit the front than reknit the entire thing. The finished top has about 2″ of negative ease.
The yarn wasn’t really a good choice for this because of the acrylic content – the shoulder straps rolled like crazy. So I modified them to have a double seed stitch border at the arm edge. I’m not totally happy with how that worked out in the front, but it’s better than with them rolling.
I had no problems with the pattern – it was well written and easy to follow. It’s also a pretty fast and easy knit, as long as you don’t make all of the stupid mistakes I did, and end up reknitting over and over.