I have one sleeve and the back of Salina done. I hope it won’t turn out too big – the back piece really wanted to grow. Even more than I expected from the sleeve/swatch. I was able to pat it into place widthwise by stretching it a bit lengthwise. I guess I’ll see how it looks when it’s dry. Maybe I’ll need to adjust the front.
I’ve also done a few repeats on the Myrtle Leaf Shawl. I now have 8 (out of 40) repeats done for the center section. Hopefully I won’t go blind working on that dark laceweight yarn. The alpaca is so slippery that I started using my old Boye Needlemaster needles instead of the Knitpicks Options, since they’re a bit grabbier. I tried the Knitpicks Harmony needles, but it was hard to see the dark yarn with the colored wood on the needles. (The needles may be pretty, but I wish they were just a light-colored wood.) I definitely need lifelines with this project – I’ve dropped stitches a couple of times, and it’s been a nightmare to fix. I just fudged it a bit in some places, rather than ripping out a lot of rows.
Rather than continue to torment my poor beloved Squishy Evil Stacey, I’m just putting her button on my sidebar. But if you were one of those totally puzzled by the Squishy buttons, you can read her explanation here.