Pattern: Dimorphous Mittens, by Miriam Felton.
Ravelry Links: Pattern Page, and my Project Page.
Yarn: Wooly Wonka Fibers Superwash BFL Sock Yarn, colorway “Red Rock” for the inner mitten, and Manos del Uruguay Manos Silk Blend, colorway 300U
Needles: 2.25 mm (US 1) for the inner mittens, 3.5mm (US 4) for the outer mittens. I went down a size on each because I’m much looser than Mim I knit much more loosely than Mim.
Modifications: To make the inner mitten a little smaller, I decreased 3 sts after the ribbing instead of increasing 1 st. For the decreases on the outer mitten, I did the shaping in reverse, so that the decrease line on both mittens would curve towards the index finger.
These are really cute, and I think they’ll be very warm. Next up: a matching cowl in the same yarn as the outer mittens, using Susan‘s new Forest Canopy cowl pattern. It only seemed right to keep going with the Utah grrlfriends thing.