I seamed the sleeve to the armhole last night, and I’m very happy with how it turned out. No ugly short rows, and no gaps from picking up stitches.
And on a totally unrelated note, now that I’m turning the downstairs guest room into a guest room/fiber storage room instead of my closet and dressing room, I’ve replaced the futon with a queen-sized bed. Of course, since it’s a tiny bedroom, the bed takes up almost the entire room. (The room’s only 8 x 10′ – I used to have a TENT that size.) But it’s nice to be able to offer guests a queen-size bed instead of the full-size futon. The closet that used to hold my clothes is now the repository for my yarn stash.
I wanted a headboard, but no footboard, since the room is so tiny. You’re pretty much seeing the whole room in the photo, except for a bookshelf on the wall across from the foot of the bed. Given our finances and the current economy, I didn’t want to spend a lot of money, so I got the bright idea to go to the local thrift store to see if they had any headboards. I picked up this one for only $15. It did need some work, so I had to fill in some chips and gouges with wood putty, then I used some paint and stain to match the wood as best as I could. I think it turned out really well! I even found a queen-sized comforter set in the basement that I forgot I had until I went looking for the upholstery cover for the futon.
The futon has been moved upstairs where for now, it’s practically stacked on top of an old loveseat and old computers. Eventually the loveseat and old computers will be leaving, and I’ll have a nice sitting area upstairs that can double as more sleeping space if necessary.