But too busy to do much knitting.
I’ve made a little progress on my Retro Wild top. This is actually the back of it – I haven’t done much of the front yet. I just put it on Betty backwards to get a better idea of how it’s going to look. The front neckline will be a little bit lower.
So far, I think it’s going pretty well, though I do have some doubts about the armholes. I don’t know how well the fabric is going to lie. The fabric is very stretchy so it wants to pull in away from the arm, and it also wants to curl in a lot.
I suppose that’s why the model in the pattern photo is posed in such a way that you can’t see either armhole.
There’s supposed to be a hemmed edging knitted around both the armholes and the neckline (in red), but after having disastrous results with that edge at the hem, I’ll have to come up with something else.
Oh well, I’ll worry about that when I get there.