I finished both fronts and the back piece of my Drops 111-33 cardigan, but I had a small problem. After finishing the first front, I gave it a bath and set it out to dry. It turned out a bit smaller than I had expected from my swatch. I decided to do the second front and then just make the back a little bigger if necessary.
But the second front piece turned out bigger – it matched what I had expected from the swatch. Grrrr. I figured I might as well knit the back and then decide what to do about the different fronts. The back matched the second front, so I had to figure out what to do with the first one. It mostly just needed lengthening at the bottom – so I figured I might as well try a bit of surgery.
I put a thin needle through a row of stitches just above the ribbing, and then another one in the row 2 rows above. I snipped a thread on the row in between, and unraveled it. I added a few rows, and then grafted the pieces back together. I think it came out pretty well!
A little shoulder adjustment too, and I think I’m on the right track.