I have a friend who is undergoing chemotherapy, so I decided to make a couple of hats for her. She has a complexion that looks best in clear, bright hues, especially pink and purple.
This is the Do-It-Yourself Peasant Cap, but without the knitted brim. I think she’ll like it better without that feature, but the tie makes it more adjustable for different head sizes, and also gives the illusion of a ponytail.
There’s another similar pattern on Ravelry (I assume both hats were copied from the same commercially-manufactured hat), but it’s much more slouchy. I figured that for someone with little or no hair, this would would probably work out better.
For details, see my Ravelry project page.
The second hat I made for her was a Bubble Wrap Cap. I like this pattern because it’s nice and stretchy, but this yarn was a bit on the thin side, so I probably should have gone up a needle size – it turned out a little smaller than my last one. I think it will be fine, though.
Details for my project are here.
And lastly, a hat for my boss. This was before the hat was blocked, and sadly, I only got a photo of it on a styrofoam head. It looked much better after the blocking, as it rounded out the crown of the hat. It’s the Turn-A-Square Hat. Project details here.
I think I’m done with hats for a while, now. Although at least they’re quick projects.
And with those three hats, I’ve brought my knitting mileage up to 2 miles so far this year. Wheee!