I finished knitting this on December 31st, but didn’t get it seamed until January 1st, at my knitting group. So instead of being my last finished object of 2012, it’s my first for 2013.
I really like how it turned out. The Cormo yarn is wonderfully soft, and since it’s sport-weight, it will be comfortable to wear.
The pattern calls for two laceweight mohair yarns held together, and is knit on 4.5mm needles. I was using a single strand of wool in sport-weight yarn, using 3.25mm needles. My stitch gauge wasn’t really off all that much, so I cast on using the same numbers, but since my row gauge was much tighter, so needed to go by length measurements rather than number of rows.
The stitch pattern specified in the pattern looked beautiful, but was a little too lacy for this yarn, so I substituted a slip-stitch pattern instead.
I made shorter sleeves, because I like them best when they’re 3/4 or bracelet-length.
Instead of working plain 1×1 ribbing for the edgings, I started with a purl ridge, an eyelet row, then another purl ridge. Then I knit the ribbing using twisted 1×1 rib. I really like how it turned out at the neckline, but I’m not sure I’d do the eyelet detail on the cuffs and hem again, since the fabric wants to curl a bit at the eyelet rows.
I really liked the pattern, and would like to make it again some day, using the double strands of yarn and the specified stitch pattern.