That’s a mouthful, eh?
I’m back to working on the Pierrot pullover, and I’ve just started the texture pattern for the bodice. Doing those 5-into-1’s with 2 strands of laceweight mohair is an interesting experience.
I think it looks pretty, though.
I did find a minor problem with the chart, which (as Margene is my witness) drove me batty for an hour as I tried to knit the first row of the pattern.
Normally the pattern repeat is a combination of 5-into-1 and 1-into-5 stitches. But at the beginning and end of the row, and on the initial setup row, it uses 3-into-1 and 1-into-3. No big deal, except that it uses three different 3-into-1 decreases (left-leaning, right-leaning, and center), but only shows the center double decrease on the legend. Since Japanese charts all use the same symbols for the same stitch, I just looked up the other two to make sure that I did them properly, and they were sk2p and k3tog, as I had guessed. But still, I kept ending up the row 2 stitches short. I thought that maybe it was just an error in the symbol, and they really should have been skp and k2tog instead. Changing to that made the pattern work out correctly for the setup row.
Feeling pretty smug at having figured it out, I purled back for the second row, but then ran into a problem with row three (the actual first row of the pattern repeat). For this row, those stitches really did need to be sk2p and k3tog. Fortunately, it was pretty obvious, so I figured it out right away. Gaah.