I’ve been lax about posting, so today you’ll get a 3-for-1 deal on the knitting projects.
The Japanese Pierrot pullover is nearly done – I’m about halfway through the second sleeve. I’ve already done the collar and seamed in the first sleeve, so a lot of the finishing is done. I do have one issue that needs to be fixed, though. I apparently forgot to add an extra inch to the back piece, as I did on the front. I’ll have to cut it above the ribbing, add an inch, and graft. Darn. The fuzzy mohair won’t be fun to graft, but on the other hand, it will probably hide any unevenness.
Next is an Entrelac Scarf I’m making from Noro Silk Garden. This is my first entrelac project, and I took the time to do some swatches to learn how to knit backwards for it. Not having to frequently turn the work makes it a pretty easy and quick-moving project.
And finally, there’s a new project on the needles. I’ll be going on a road trip in a few weeks, and needed something that would be compact but good for many hours of knitting. Laceweight shawls are always a good choice. This is Monica’s Shawl, which was published as a mystery shawl in an Estonian handicraft forum. The photo above is the finished “first clue”. I figured it would probably be a good idea to get the cast-on and first section out of the way before leaving. However, the second section is worked sideways, like a knit-on border. It would probably be a good idea to start that section too, so that I can be pretty sure I know how it works before I end up in a car for hours with no other knitting projects.