So I’ve been slowly making my way up the back of Relax, AKA the Giant Pink Tent. And giant it is. I got to the point where I’m supposed to start the increases for the underarms (it has sort of dolman-type sleeves), and I figured it was a good time to give it a wet block and check the gauge.
It’s pretty close to what I had expected, but still so big that it makes me pretty nervous. I’m making the size smaller than suggested for my bust size, but it will still have 10-11 inches of positive ease.
I had sort of hoped that it would be about 1/2″ less wide (1″ less overall), but I don’t suppose that will make much difference anyway, given how oversized it is. But maybe I’ll do a few less increases for the sleeve.
On the other hand, it has a lovely drape, so I have hope that it might turn out OK. Now I just need to decide if I want to make it any longer than the pattern calls for.