I have conquered the slippers!
Using some of the brown sections of yarn from the other colorway I had, I was able to finish the slippers. As Marilyn suggested, I ripped out the existing foot and used that yarn for the flaps on the second slipper, so that the flaps on both slippers would be blue. Then I reknit both feet using the new yarn.
I think they came out pretty well. I even managed to make the feet somewhat matchy.
Pattern: Allegria (Drops 158-48), not yet in Ravelry database
Yarn: Drops Big Delight, colorway “Marina” for leg, “Summer Meadow” for feet
Needles: US6/4.25 mm
Other than the issue of running out of yarn (the pattern has now been updated to the correct amount of 200 grams), these were a pretty fun project. The construction is very different, which is one of the reasons I wanted to make them. But since there was no schematic in the pattern, and the English translation of the Norwegian pattern left me a bit confused, I really didn’t understand quite how they went together when I started. But once I got going with the knitting, I figured it out.
I put extensive notes (including my own crappily-drawn schematic) in my Ravelry Project.
You certainly did conquer the problem! Love how they turned out.
Yay!! You did get them to be matchy and they look super! Love the buttons too. 😀
You killed it! Very well done. You’ll have toasty toes this winter.
Nice job – always great when you can make running out of yarn look like no big deal. 🙂
Lovely! Excellent knitting job as usual.
You are so good!