Half a dozen from the end of the shawl. Well, I didn’t actually run out completely, just out of the pins in my pin storage box. I still had several unopened packets of T-pins. Thank goodness.
I was just going to use blocking wires, but then you wouldn’t see all the pretty eyelets at the border. I actually used wires first to shape the bottom, then pinned out the eyelets and removed the wires. I only had to remove the wires because I had threaded them through the eyelets, and I couldn’t pin out the eyelets properly. If I’d run them through the faggoting at the edge of the border instead, then I could have just pinned out the eyelets, but left the wires in place.
And speaking of the faggoting, I had to drop down the stitches of the inside faggoting section twice because I got my yarnovers in the wrong place. That was not fun. But the first time it was at the center of the shawl, so it was pretty noticeable, and I knew it would keep bugging me. Unfortunately, it was a LOT of rows down from where I was (at least 20). It took a long time to fix. The second time was closer to the end, and only about 8 or 10 rows down.
Project: Holbrook Shawl.